Dear Blog Fans,
I’ve taken some time down in 2018 to work on other areas of my life. While I’m still passionate about helping others in their Jiu Jitsu journey, I’ve said most of what I wanted to say throughout the 50+ posts I wrote last year.
This blog will continue to exist, and I will continue to add to it over time just less regularly. I think as time goes on I’m going to move more towards technique and mindset help. We’ll see what this becomes.
If you ever have a question or problem you need help with, feel free to email me [email protected]selfhelp.com.
Slap – Bump – Roll
Most Recent Post (Dec. 26, 2017)
What if there were some small shifts in mindset and training that would help you improve faster?
At BJJ Self Help, we know that Jiu Jitsu is about more than just learning new moves. Their isn’t enough time during class for an instructor to cover all the mental concepts. Visiting with buddies after training can reveal some gems.
But what if you can’t seem to get enough Jiu Jitsu knowledge in?
This is BJJ Self Help.
I publish lessons, tips, tricks, and mindsets I wish I had known as I was progressing through the ranks.
My goal is to empower grapplers to help themselves. No one can make you great. It is your responsibility to navigate your journey and become the best version of yourself.
I hope these resources can smooth your path!
Guide To The Site
Build A Game
- The Worst Grappler On The Mat
- The Best Grappler On The Mat
- Crafting A Jiu Jitsu Gameplan For Tournaments
- BJJ Style
- Jiu Jitsu Tournament Tips (Parts 1 and 2 combined)
- Jiu Jitsu Tournament Tips (Part 2 only)
- Training No Gi Improves Gi Skills
- Training Gi Improves No Gi Skills
- Creating Dynamics In Jiu Jitsu
- Unlocking Bonus Levels – Adding Secret Games To Rolling
- What Are Some Tips For A 30 Year Old BJJ Purple Belt?r
- How Many Days Per Week Should I Train Jiu Jitsu?
- Buddy System
- Strategic Meal Planning
- Make Time For BJJ
- Midwest Pans Camp 2017 Day One
- Midwest Pans Camp 2017 Days 2 – 5
- Midwest Pans Camp 2017 Days 6 – 10
- Rolling For The First Time
- My Biggest White Belt Mistake
- Taking Private Lessons
- White Belts Helping White Belts
- Taking Notes For BJJ
- Seminars For Rapid Improvement
- How Do People Deal With Long Hair In BJJ?
- But I Don’t Want To Compete In A Tournament
- Are You Cross-Training?
- You Are Your Own Coach – Taking Ownership Of Your Jiu Jitsu
- How Can I Get Better At Jiu Jitsu?
- Having Trouble Finding The Motivation To Train Today?
- Picking Sides In Jiu Jitsu (Drilling Right Or Left)
- White Belts Should Tap Early In Jiu Jitsu
- Balancing Jiu Jitsu And Life
- Should I focus on submissions when rolling with upper belts?
- What Does “Relax” Mean To A White Belt?
- Why Friends DON’T Start Training BJJ (But SHOULD)
- How To Research Which BJJ Gym To Join
- Elements Of BJJ Gym Culture
- The Accidental Mat Bully
- Mastering Jiu Jitsu Positions
- My 12 All Time Best Posts
Mentality To Excel
- Don’t Quit
- Breathing And Relaxation
- BJJ Self Image
- Do Vs. Think
- Fluidity And Speed
- Failure On The Mats
- BJJ Strategy
- 100% Awesome
- BJJ Tactics
- Wins, Losses, And The Gravity Of Past Success
- Chokes And Neck Cranks
- Yuri Simoes Taught Me About Intensity For Nice Guys
- “Woman Puts Life In A Chokehold”
- What Makes A Top Level Black Belt Different? (Video)
- What To Focus On While Rolling
- What To Do When Falling Short Of A Goal In BJJ?
- Using YouTube To Improve
- My Top 5 Favorite YouTube Channels
- Repetition Power (Videos With Eddie Bravo And Keith Owen)
- The Best BJJ Blogs For 2017
- Nick Diaz Seminar
- How Jeff Glover Made My Jiu Jitsu Fun, On Accident, 7 Years Ago
- Yuri Simoes Interview – Training With Intensity