Most Recent Post (August 15, 2017)
Can’t seem to get enough Jiu Jitsu knowledge in? The Jiu Jitsu Instructor at your Academy teaches you efficient, proven techniques. He doesn’t always have time to coach you individually on your journey.
What if there were some small shifts in mindset and training that would help you get better faster?
This is BJJ Self Help.
Every Tuesday, I publish lessons, tips, tricks, and mindsets I wish I had known as I was progressing through the ranks. My goal is to empower grapplers to help themselves. No one can make you great. It is your responsibility to navigate your journey and become the best version of yourself.
Guide To The Site
Build A Game
- The Worst Grappler On The Mat
- The Best Grappler On The Mat
- Crafting A Jiu Jitsu Gameplan For Tournaments
- BJJ Style
- Jiu Jitsu Tournament Tips (Parts 1 and 2 combined)
- Jiu Jitsu Tournament Tips (Part 2 only)
- Training No Gi Improves Gi Skills
- Training Gi Improves No Gi Skills
- Creating Dynamics In Jiu Jitsu
- How Many Days Per Week Should I Train Jiu Jitsu?
- Buddy System
- Strategic Meal Planning
- Make Time For BJJ
- Midwest Pans Camp 2017 Day One
- Midwest Pans Camp 2017 Days 2 – 5
- Midwest Pans Camp 2017 Days 6 – 10
- Rolling For The First Time
- My Biggest White Belt Mistake
- Taking Private Lessons
- White Belts Helping White Belts
- Taking Notes For BJJ
- Seminars For Rapid Improvement
- How Do People Deal With Long Hair In BJJ?
- But I Don’t Want To Compete In A Tournament
- Are You Cross-Training?
- You Are Your Own Coach – Taking Ownership Of Your Jiu Jitsu
- How Can I Get Better At Jiu Jitsu?
- Don’t Quit
- Breathing And Relaxation
- BJJ Self Image
- Do Vs. Think
- Fluidity And Speed
- Failure On The Mats
- BJJ Strategy
- 100% Awesome
- BJJ Tactics
- Wins, Losses, And The Gravity Of Past Success
- Chokes And Neck Cranks
- Yuri Simoes Taught Me About Intensity For Nice Guys
- “Woman Puts Life In A Chokehold”
- What Makes A Top Level Black Belt Different? (Video)
- Using YouTube To Improve
- My Top 5 Favorite YouTube Channels
- Repetition Power (Videos With Eddie Bravo And Keith Owen)
- The Best BJJ Blogs For 2017
- Nick Diaz Seminar
- How Jeff Glover Made My Jiu Jitsu Fun, On Accident, 7 Years Ago
- Yuri Simoes Interview – Training With Intensity